The life and teachings of Jesus Christ compel us to follow Him in reaching out to people in need. At Bethany Christian Assembly, we are committed to doing everything possible to mobilize our church in Matthew 25 ministry. This great passage of Scripture instructs us to be ready for Christ’s return, to invest our resources wisely, and to care for the “least of these” in our society.
We have intensified our focus on fulfilling Christ’s command with the Compassion Everett Counseling Center. The fundamental values that guide this mission are:
- Respecting the strengths of people and the complexity of human problems.
- Training leaders in an effort to improve their congregational care.
- Incorporating theology with therapeutic tools to enhance the renewal of one’s mind, the removal of obstacles, and the encouragement of individual service to God.
It is our sincere desire to serve you or someone you know through the power of this network.
Our objective is to empower your relationship by discovering qualities that help your relationship utilize each other’s resources and strengths in a loving, Godly fashion. This helps you create important meanings about behaviors, experiences, and hopes. There’s nothing like sharing a dream!
In a personal and caring fashion, Pastor Kinman will help you to develop strength in yourself and satisfaction in your relationships. His educational background and pastoral orientation insure high quality counseling. He works with you to develop plans and strategies that best fit your needs, resources, and goals. Ordained and licensed with the NW District of the Assemblies of God since 1985, he now serves as Director of Counseling. He has been married for over 37 years and has two married children and three grandchildren.
Dr. Kinman applies methods of SYSTEMS THERAPY through the NARRATIVE and EMOTIONAL focused models; he considers not just the individual, but how the individual functions in his or her system of relationship.
- PhD Organizational Leadership Studies, Gonzaga University
- Post Graduate Residency, Presbyterian Counseling Services
- MA Systematic theology, Fuller theological Seminary, Counseling & Sociology emphasis
- BA Pastoral Ministries, NW University, Biblical Literature & Language emphasis
Individuals | Couples | Families
- Family communication skills
- Methods for conflict resolution
- Help in relationship with God
- Pre-marital counseling
- Coping with depression
- Assistance with grief over death, adultery, or divorce
- Assistance in recovery from trauma, addiction, abuse, and the impact each has on a family
- Career planning or strategy
Pre-marriage preparation is based on the reality that it’s important to strengthen your relationship and prepare constructively for future challenges and conflicts that everyone will inevitably face at some point in their marriage. Good, process, and relational based pre-marriage education can reduce the risk of divorce by up to 30% and lead to a significantly happier marriage. The typical complex marriage of today really requires that couples have very strong, well-established abilities to communicate, resolve issues, maintain mutuality, and set goals.
We offer to explore with you areas that research has shown to contribute to the success and endurance of marriage:
- Building block of relationship.
- Primary Areas of Communication
- Skills of listening and the expression of emotional honesty
- Discernment of belief systems
- Establishing connections of meaning — (this includes the perception of both parties about female voice inclusion).
Conflict Resolution Methods
- Examination of the meaning of conflict generated through life as well as explore techniques for problem solving.
Alignment of Values
- Relational beliefs and hopes for this life and the next; includes relationship with the Lord, life values about marriage, children, finances, etc.
Expectations of Behavior
- Focusing on gender issues and power differentials.
Families of Origin
- Unpacking the family story to uncover learned patterns of coping, emotional constructs, and undiscovered behavior traits.
- The Kersey Temperament Sorter test is currently being used. However, we are exploring other resources so this may change in your counseling session.
Intimacy and Sexuality
- A brief theology of sex is discussed and the couple can pursue to the degree they wish to explore.
- This involves exploring the individual’s perception of his or her partner’s goals, dreams, and hopes by using methods of circular questioning.
Assessment of Trauma
- If one or both member has experienced a traumatic, life-threatening event, then an assessment of impact on relational resonance is accomplished. The typical marriage today requires that couples have very strong, well-established abilities to communicate, resolve issues, maintain mutuality, and set goals. Research shows that relational based pre-marriage education can reduce the risk of divorce by up to thirty percent and lead to a significantly happier marriage. Compassion Everett Counseling Center of BCA offers a 4-week package at a reduced price where couples can choose from 10 different pre-marital topics based upon their needs and interests. For more information, pick up a pamphlet at the Connection Center at BCA’s Everett Campus.
Each session cost only $75.00 for a full 60 minutes, rather than the clinical 45 minutes, to allow time for spiritual growth and relationship elements.
Schedule an Appointment
Click here to e-mail Dr. Kinman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (425) 343-9487 between the hours of 9 AM – 3 PM, Monday – Thursday.
We look forward to serving you.