WHAT IS ELEVATE?
“Elevate: Becoming Who God Wants You to Be” is our Fall 2018 message series and 60-Day Spiritual Growth Challenge. For the next 60 days, we will be looking at Life Lessons from Joseph in Genesis.
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE IN THE ELEVATE SERIES?
Joseph challenges us to take personal growth and life leadership more seriously. He calls us to become who God has made us to be in our faith, finances, character development, soul shaping, and family relationships. To do that, we need to practice these three things on a regular basis:
1. Evaluation — Where am I in the various key areas of my life in comparison to where God wants me to be?
2. Emulation — How can I better follow the life example of godly greats like Jesus and Joseph? (Joseph’s life in many ways mirrors the life of Jesus.)
3. Elevation — Once I evaluate my life and compare it with the godly examples of Joseph and Jesus, where do I need to step up to become the man or woman or young person God is calling me to be?
Evaluation, Emulation, Elevation. No excuses and no debate. Rather, a true and sincere desire to grow and become who God has called me to be. Full of courage, brimming with vision, serious about integrity, devoted to improving our relationships especially the most important ones in our own family, getting right with our finances, and living with greater godliness and authenticity.
Elevating the way we do life is not a slogan or a syrupy idea. It is a lifestyle.There is much at stake, and many people are counting on each of us to become our best self in Christ. Don’t settle. And don’t mindlessly proceed through life. Stop and do three things: Evaluate, Emulate, and Elevate.
To help us do this we are going to look at 8 self-assessments powerfully detailed in the life of Joseph in the Book of Genesis. I invite you to start by praying this prayer—“God help me become the person you want me to be and give me the courage to assess, evaluate, and make course corrections wherever needed. I want to be great in God and great for God!”
HOW DO I GET THE MOST OUT OF THE ELEVATE SERIES?
- Join a LifeGroup! LifeGroups are groups of 8-12 people who will meet throughout this series to discuss and grow together. Click here for more information on LifeGroups: https://bcachurch.com/groups
- Pick up an ELEVATE Study Guide from the table in the lobby or the Connection Center. This helpful guide allows you to take notes, journal specific applications from the messages and follow along with the weekend messages and weekly discussion videos.
- Watch the discussion videos posted to this page each week throughout our series. You can do this individually or in your LifeGroup.
WEEKLY DISCUSSION VIDEOS
Check back here each week as we add weekly discussion videos designed to help you apply the principles from the weekend message to your own life, whether individually or in a LifeGroup.
WEEK 1 Introduction Video | From Services Sept. 15/16
WEEK 2: VISION | From Services Sept. 22/23
WEEK 3: INTEGRITY | From Services Sept. 29/30
WEEK 4: FAITH | From Services Oct. 6/7
WEEK 5: MONEY | From Services Oct. 13/14
WEEK 6: GODLINESS | From Services Oct. 20/21
WEEK 7: RELATIONSHIPS | From Services Oct. 27/28
WEEK 8: COURAGE | From Services Nov. 3/4
WEEK 9: LEADERSHIP | From Services Nov. 10/11