PRINCIPLE 20 | BE PROACTIVE
In Colossians 3, Paul encourages us to take initiative to do the right thing:
- Put to death sinful deeds…and he lists several.
- Get rid of destructive attitudes…and he lists several.
- Clothe yourself with godly characteristics…and he lists several.
- Relate to others with Christlike virtues…and he lists several.
How often do we actually evaluate our lives? Socrates once said, “the un-evaluated life is not worth living.” The Bible consistently challenges us to search our hearts, renew our minds, and test our motives. These action steps given to us by Paul are important to practice regularly:
- What do I need to defeat in my life?
- What do I need to eliminate from my life?
- What do I need to become in my life?
- What do I need to practice in my life?
Take a few minutes right now to ask these questions, then talk to God about your conclusions. Ask Him to help you “be proactive” in becoming the person He wants you to be.