WEEK 22 | FIGHTING FAIR
Conflict is as old as humanity itself. And, like it or not, it’s a part of every marriage, family, and relationship in our lives. But conflict does not have to be destructive; it can actually be constructive. If done biblically, it can lead to a better place, to mutual understanding, and, ultimately, to growth.
Here are 10 rules for “fighting fair” from Ephesians chapters 4 & 5:
- Be a peacemaker | CH 4, VS 1
- Understand their point of view | CH 4, VS 2
- Find common ground | CH 4, VS 3
- Be caring and constructive throughout the process | CH 4, VS 23-24
- Be truthful, don’t exaggerate | CH 4, VS 25
- Address conflict quickly | CH 4, VS 26-27
- No name calling or put downs; put others first | CH 4, VS 29
- Guard your heart and mind | CH 4, VS 31
- Be kind, compassionate and forgiving | CH 4, VS 32
- Emulate Christ’s love | CH 5, VS 1-2
Let’s pray that the Lord directs us and helps us to handle conflict His way – and not our own.