Year-End Compassion Giving & Goals
$100,000 for COMPASSION MINISTRIES BY 12/31/18
As a downtown church we feel God has planted BCA here for a reason. One of those reasons is to show God’s love in practical ways through compassion ministries. We’ve all heard it said many times (because it’s true): “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” We feel God has called us to reach out through the 25+ compassion ministries BCA facilitates on an ongoing basis to show God’s love to the people in our community. God is using us to bring encouragement to many people… many of whom don’t yet know Jesus as their Savior and Lord. Would you kindly take a moment to pray for each of these outreaches right now?
- Everett Gospel Mission: Sunday Chapel Service
- Everett Gospel Mission: Sunday Meals
- Everett Gospel Mission: Women’s Shelter Adopt-a-Room Project
- Celebrate Recovery
- Kid’s Club at Hawthorne
- Back to School Shoe Drive
- Back to School Supplies Drive
- Pregnancy Resource Center Diaper Drive
- Thanksgiving Food Baskets
- Christmas Food Baskets
- Christmas Giving Tree
- Christmas Coat Drive
- Christmas Gift-a-Card for Wounded Warriors
- Compassion Everett Counseling Center
- Evergreen Recovery Center Baby Showers
- Evergreen Recovery Center Birthday Baskets
- Hawthorne Weekend Backpack Program
- Food Pantry
- Jail Ministry
- The Widow’s Project Partnership
- Foster & Adoption Support Group
- Care Classes: Grief Share
- Care Classes: Divorce Care
- BCC Fundraising/Grant-Writing Teams
- Emergency Financial Assistance
As most of you know, we are actively searching for an additional building to expand our reach and to house our growing compassion ministries. The Bethany Compassion Center will be a hub of compassion and outreach ministries in our community. Our hope and our goal is to make our BCC facility purchase in early 2019 so we can fully realize our dream to work with area churches and agencies to the meet human need in Everett and the surrounding communities. In order to prepare for the expansion of BCA Compassion Ministries, we need to do two things:
- Continue to grow our ministry leadership and teams. This is happening week by week.
- Continue to raise resources for the new BCC facility. My prayer is that we can raise an additional $100,000 by the end of 2018. This would put us close to our overall goal of $250,000.
Would you pray with me for the Bethany Compassion Center and consider giving a generous year-end gift by 12/31/18? Together we can make this happen and expand our reach to more and more precious people who need a “hand up” and to have someone in their corner who truly cares. We want to be that someone to more and more people — adults, families, homeless teens, single moms, the elderly, orphans, widows, underprivileged children, and more. Thank you for praying with me and for caring!
Matthew 25:40: “…whatever you did for one of the least of these…you did for me.”